JANZ Medical Supply has created this statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. JANZ Medical Supply believes that strong electronic privacy is crucial. Therefore, unless you designate otherwise, any information you enter within these publications will be known only to you and JANZ Medical Supply.
We pledge that JANZ Medical Supply will not release your personal data to anyone else without your consent - period. Contact information may be used occasionally by JANZ Medical Supply to notify users of new services, events or the like, but will not be given or sold to third parties.
You may change the status of any subscriptions you may have to our publications at any time. Information for doing so is detailed on the main section page for each publication, as well as within every email discussion or newsletter posting.
Financial information that is collected is used only to bill the user for products and services but is never released to anyone without a “need to know,” for any reason.
Our site may contain links to other sites. JANZ Medical Supply is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an Electronic or Paper Copy of Your Medical Record
You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this. We can provide a copy or a summary of your health information, usually within 30 days of your request.
Ask Us to Correct Your Medical Record
- You can ask us to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
- We may say "no" to your request, but we'll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request Confidential Communications
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- We will say "yes" to all reasonable requests. Ask us to limit what we use or share.
- You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment or our operation.
- We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say "no" if it would affect your care.
- If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask us not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer.
- We will say "yes" unless a law requires us to share that information. Get a list of those with whom we've shared information.
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times we've shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with and why.
- We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations as well as certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make). We'll provide one accounting a year for free, but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a Copy of This Privacy Notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose Someone to Act for You
- If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
- We will make sure the person has the authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a Complaint if You Feel Your Rights Have Been Violated
You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights by contacting us using the information below. You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Office for Civil Rights 200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Or by calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting: https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/complaints/index.html